raised by swans is the name of  a man, volume ane(all lyrics by eric howden)

half the battle

if
half the boxing rages
in the Corking Unless
is the front end ahead or just
behind me

one-half my center inside
a sighing labyrinth
while the other needs a beat
to find me

perchance
i'thou losing touch on
maybe
i want information technology/wanted too much

if
half the battle lies
in knowing where
we're wrong
why at every turn
the sudden ending

when you vanished from my artillery
dearest

fortress without doors

showtime contact
small black windowpane i fogged with
warm breath
inside a fortress
without doors

a hunter

ceiling lifting every bit her snow white
wings spread
her eyes bright emeralds
just like yours
were

dawn finds a mazed animal
blinking in the light

this can't be the
aforementioned heaven
i fell for
last nighttime

through cold wind
leaning into forces i don't
understand
i'm ripping bondage out of the floors
and climbing loftier
like i could emerge to a higher place
the avalanche
we were live one yr before
this

edifice impossible walls
learning to survive

this can't be the aforementioned sky
i barbarous for
last night

wing the secret frontier
no cover
no fear

no Others
i'm here
our moon seems so near

salt in the air
life in my easily
slow motion animals
carry me home

must be out in that location

the wind cuts through
without you lot
i must be stronger
i must exist stronger at present
beneath this foreign new weight
i share with songbirds
who've had their trees cut downwardly

oh darling
practice y'all demand my love
throat's called-for
and and then freezing up

you must exist out in that location
you must be out in that location
i asked the shadow horses
across the dusk gorges
but they hadn't seen y'all
nonetheless

the sharpest needle tracked me
ten one thousand birches
ten thousand cries of thirst
the mother fox was killed
i saw the hunter
i should take killed him first

oh darling
don't you remember i know
how far i've let my dreaming go

you must be out there
you must exist out there
i locked the lakeside portal
the years we were immortal

my wishes lit like torches
inside a paper fortress

darling don't you think i know
i'm kicking in the afterglow
darling don't you recall i know

helpless insect

lean your dizzy head
against the damaged drinking glass
savour every
single
silvery
heartbeat

quickened pulses tapping
honeyed code
pollen upon
the asphalt
fall under the thrall
of nighttime

volition you wait for me
where no one
tin get injure
empty nest above
the blinded
churches

singing other lovers
lullabies
find me and finally
sing me mine
break the bough and ride
the storm

there's no time anymore

helpless insect
you're not alone
come on and try
within the amber
we'll dream ourselves
to life

spells

in one case upon a long distance phone call
we met up inside the wires
as infinite calorie-free

every time i try to remember
how i saw the world then
i kind of get blind

i cast my own spells
i know lonely well
a properties of glowing eyes
awake/a wake for the dawn of fourth dimension

you lot were and then far ahead
and i'm not there notwithstanding
just i tin can all the same summon fire
but i can still summon fire

_

……

my ain private rapture

every fathom we passed
first to the last
i want them back

spiral stairways of smoke
explosive bolts
loosening holds

fantasies
holding me captive
here
can you lot imagine?

earthquakes under my skin
anchors i've lost
ripples i've been

light-green light luring me down
where i can breathe but
sorrows are drowned

y'all and me

dreams
that i capture
and continue
my own private rapture
of the deep

there'due south still a way dwelling

final island

wild hopes
so alive they burn
let's watch from the final island
for their
return

we're the eiders
against
a pocket-sized sky
will we always learn

wild hopes

sunday
smoothen on our tell-tale hearts
perhaps
ane wish is a lonesome sparkle
but it's a start

nosotros're the eiders
against
a blueish sky
may nosotros never be apart

wild hopes
wild hopes

the lone hunter

sometimes i'm
scarlet snow
wild eyes
splintered bone

sometimes i'm
on my knees
drunk on stars
at the peaks

the lonely hunter
dark lantern in a hollow tree
you lot know what's in my blood

come running over
cup runneth over
long drought upon the state
and yet
the valley's going to flood
a deluge from the core confronting
a camouflage of mud

not certain
how this started
if i'm falling through
if i'g falling for you

no roads
where i'grand wandering now
only scattered crumbs and
ladders i've rescued
from
the heavens

heaven's merely dreaming
dreaming that an ending
isn't all we've started

the lonely hunter
day breaks from all directions
fires burning
at first blush

come roll like thunder
come agree me nether
seduced past confinement just
have i given away as well much
a snow cavern holding echoes of
the memories
of bear on

not sure
how this started
if i'chiliad falling through
if i'm falling for you lot

no roads where i'm wandering at present
only scattered crumbs and
ladders i've rescued
from
the heavens

heaven'south only dreaming
dreaming that an ending
isn't all nosotros've started

agree me in your arms
goddess of nighttime
hold me in your arms now

firestorms /DCI

every burning house
every spark i've tried
stomping out
every new earth i've
drowned in its slumber
certain it wasn't meant for me
there in your tireless arms

a conjured moon
whose magic was used upward too soon
where birds
protect their young
and every new sunrise
is sung

the lucky don't simply dice once
they rise from the minefields
as doves
they fly with their wings
pouring blood
they autumn from the knife's edge
and crawl for the light switch
oh true dear

my darling
i can't allow go
i'thou called-for
i can't allow go

read my sentence there
i will live always
everywhere
run with the reels of
bombers offshore
embers from dreams of
firestorms
radar however sweeps the sea
for what is left
and for what has not happened withal
throw fortune to the flames
osculation me and whisper
my proper noun

the lucky don't but dice once
they fall through the fog
phone call its bluff
they land when information technology seems
real plenty
they dare to believe it
dare to receive it
oh true love

my darling
i can't let go

Due north harbour

unknown alphabets
are thrashing in nets inside
your optics
hauled on to the decks and
fighting for breath
love
take your time

here and now
we're the chorus
don't await down
they're right before united states
the words

wonder-flooded engines
waiting on landings
still considering
spring will thaw the harbour
freeing the endings
we thought
nosotros'd tied up

here and now
build a chorus
don't look down
information technology's correct before united states

and then and now
we're the chorus
don't await downwards
it's hither before us
the world

the softest needle

now
information technology dropped like a bomb
from the clouds
into this former ruin
on a hideaway moon
softness
something you ever did best
every bit hard as the hard rain
beat at my chest

so needle
i beg your softness
tonight

know you finish two hearts
leave a kingdom breathless
free a weary star
from its earthly nest

all hail the love
that we had

all hail love

lullaby for abandoned animals

fall comatose
small one
in that location's no fearfulness left
only sleep

though i prevarication awake
despite this
alpine grass closing in
like the body of water

tin that be my dream

an island where
the beds
were the backs
of my knees
no answers needed yet

tin can that be my dream

an origami fjord
sheltering shipwrecked heartbeats
for just a moment
more than

stake bluish blackness holes

rows of small-scale squares
on folded sea charts
remote trapdoors
marking sinking hearts
shades of palest blue where
nosotros climbed the masts
and kicked blackness holes
through the one-mode drinking glass

when we struck heaven
it poured down light
yes it poured down light
as if to say
you're still office of something
y'all'd let go
when you sank so low
like an ember thrown
into the depths
that tried to fire
alone

beacons glow softly
then disappear
between the flashes
they whisper "i'thou however here"

to a male child by a fjord it
felt similar love
simply here the urgent sea
eats the soft light up

when nosotros struck heaven
it poured down nighttime
aye it poured down night
as if to say
yous're however a stranger to yourself
moving trounce to crush
that the rainbow's spell
is merely meant for bluebirds
and the angels

well
we withal flew similar we could never fall
and so high the sea looked very small-scale

trains nosotros both missed

long expert-byes like
magic tricks
left us transfixed
from split up crumbling platforms
waiting for
trains we'd both missed

i watched the meteor's tail flash
on its manner to nowhere
i'll lay myself beyond these tracks
just accept me in your arms
tell me i belong at that place

audio the bell
call the lions back
back to their kills
we're zero but a flim-flam of the lite
pools of blood where
time won't stand nonetheless

and fifty-fifty this will laissez passer
though you swear you'll salve it all
we're shadows muted stars once cast
shoot me like an pointer
beyond the city's high walls

i watched the fob's tail flash
then vanish in the frozen air
i laid my paw across its tracks
imagined them all the same warm
that love was waiting somewhere

Öxnadalur (album)
released november 2014 (all lyrics © eric howden (raised past swans), 2014)

/

all those setting suns
directions we were facing
i was born(e) a hit and run
on beams
some fools are chasing

but this could be enough
the dark above
the scene

and your vox is breaking upward
can you
explain that again
why i should come back
explain it again to me

chasms

you were my favourite view
and then something changed
as things ever do
nosotros're chasms at close range
surfaces not set in stone
but half-crystallized
a snapshot of snowswept ice
a fleeting disguise

but nighttime leaves an open up window
and in this dream
no hearts can pause
so turn the lights out
and come stargaze

i'll be
by your side
when you scissure and split at the ridge
we'll come across at the wild end
of the washed out bridge

you lot'll exist my favourite view
mine lonely
allow'south never alter
for anyone

Öxnadalur

take me over your palace walls
my magic discussion
drifts loftier as my chest
my heartbeat melts a line
of helpless steps

deep
winters where the clocks crept
undersea
and left forgiveness spinning
from a gilt reel
across the field
i drib my shield
and run the last mile habitation

(i belong with you there
i belong

ashes in the air)

but always the departures
plunging elevators with
my new lives inside
all those unkind good-byes

star of love
allow your snowfall-streaked hair down
for me once again
you are my return through the tempest
my tightrope to the light
above the door

gratis
here i'k in a metropolis
under siege
and there a lamb she's gathered
in her golden fleece
you rescued me
you rescued me

just what do i do now

what new solar day
promises getting closer
all of those days are over
just come up and climb with me
in the dominicus

i remember stars

how did i migrate so far
from the thundering tide
a wreckage of the wishes i one time whispered
to the night
i retrieve stars
where there isn't whatever sky
i remember victories when i didn't
have to endeavour

i call back losing besides
line for line

i climbed the only ladder
where the city streets snake
i looked down at the scores of crumpled notes
in the storm drains
i remember tenderness
if i wait back too far
i retrieve retentiveness before locked rooms
and alarms

i promised y'all the world
i promised you lot the world back then
destroyer of worlds
now i want my promise back

i'll keep it to myself this time
outlaw in a coastal cavern
a spell walked into ruby-red sand
beyond the reach of the waves

i promised you the world
i promised you the globe dorsum and so
destroyer of worlds
you're part of me
don't forget

and i remember enough
of the things that you lot've pushed away
when information technology's late and i feel your arctic
i whisper for them to

stay
please
stay

stay
please stay

no i tin can break my eye
i call up stars

Katla

dreamed i was her only kid
wrapped in called-for blankets
on the ice
licked clean of spoiled dear
from a afar rotten hive
a boy like me can only dare to effort
to exist seen

but the vision was wrong
i sold it for a vocal
its colours were out of key
horses charging the bay
aflame
all the modest lights swept away
i'one thousand ready to see you now

i'thou ready to come across

in the path of her final false start
no ane'southward belongings their jiff
all nosotros accept are these pounding hearts
and whatever comes next

dreamed i was a lonely lake
wrapped in tranquility miles of unmapped infinite
from cradle to caldera
passing notes from cage to cage
a bird like me can but dare to endeavor
to fly free

in the eye of the song
i'm already gone
but possibly i won't draw your fire
singing your name
considering i've loved you from far abroad
but it'due south only far abroad

i'm set up to see

in the getaway car

in the getaway car
i am guilty
merely only of watching certainty fall apart
behind me
and picking up steam
where the fjords flank me
blocking signals
and pardoning crimes
that drove their knives to my side
those old wounds
kickoff singing

and then i'chiliad blinded
and even darkness is sparkling
in your open palm
is where my stolen heart belongs

come run away
let those tired reflections become
flop the dams
and let the rivers flow

in the getaway car
i am traceless
traceless as streams deep
under abandoned farms
and maybe
simply every bit cut off and faceless but
i run articulate now
pond with sparks
that kindled a kindred heart
sometime lava is glowing

and then i'chiliad blinded
and in the darkness i start again
in your open up palm
i'thousand finally sure what side i'm on

so here it is

the slow approach
i've surrendered
i've come lonely
with my hands above my head
and i am free
i'll accept my chances
and let them take me

Hraunsvatn

ghost
come friction match your shape to mine
a stone chained
as if it might fly
no prisms corroding
my sight
the blizzard of lawmaking
regret writes

arctic terns bow
in awe
and i am the man that i saw
once long ago in her eyes
cast up against a blank sky

i remember your soft voice
it had me
tumbling down on black tape
to the valley floor
oh the heights and the depths that we've known
i'll follow
your fathoms
clouds sounding beneath

all my thirsts gone dry out
victory day
last flying
from Þverbrekkuhnjúkur's bright height
i know what's expected of me

(all you gave
and all i owe
swore my love was as alone as you lot
cut the lines
dropped my pack
sent a note and you
sang it dorsum to me

all my lost blood
flowing back to me)

i recollect your soft vocalism
beside me
you sent your fastest foot soldiers to find me
i volition bring Jónas safely back abode
i'll follow the old track
blood under the snow
i'll follow
the earthly weight
stripped from our basic

a lakeside
the walls of my middle
overthrown

i know it's existent

some afar function of me remembers
where the missile silos are concealed
the identify all endings are imagined
i know it'south real
i know it'southward existent

but in that location must exist time left
to confuse the coordinates
where the whirling birds nest

but how tin i climb when i'm tethered from below
a silhouette cut from a glowing window
the other life i'k letting go

phone call
i won't turn around
i faced us backwards even then
and so this can't be happening at present
it'south just an repeat's end
waterfall
tin can i be renamed
the quondam underground's been locked and sold
songbirds bursting up from the snowfall

hither
time returns
the days and nights you stole

can't i accept but one kiss
was it ever and then unsafe
was it all that commencement hit
and the fallout that preys on the sound
of the all clear

i sing a few songs to a tattered atmosphere
but more than and more
i disappear

call out
i won't turn around
all those telegrams were sent
from a phantom finding at present
and if not now
when?
waterfall
can i be redeemed
claret vessels drinking up the cold
songbirds bursting up from the snowfall

here
time returns
the days and nights you lot stole

the valley'due south beautiful tonight
i watch the stars take up
their shields
and no one else needs to believe information technology
i know it'southward existent
i know it's existent

a way to get by

all those villages drowning
linking artillery
as floodwaters ascent
show me a way to become by
i demand a way to get past

time is hung in a darkroom
your aching smile
loftier on a wire
testify me a real good-goodbye
i need a existent good-good day

one that won't change its mind
swinging for the fences
for separate sky

i once establish dearest
only lost information technology all considering
the landslide swallowed both of us
equally starving beloved does

afterward all that we've been through
to think i thought
i knew
we achieve out into dark
and hope our aim is truthful

guardian of the argent mine
promised you i'd throw yous a line
show me you've stayed alive

show me you're nonetheless live
that love got to you in time
the glacier advances
the battery dies
we're collapsing worlds
we're shells protecting pearls
caught between what could take been
and all that we were

afterward all that we've been through
i know that nosotros
tin practise this
we reach out into night
and hope our aim is truthful

spilled more blood

never thought you'd lose your way back home to me
i bled a trail along the mount pass
fled and so fast no map could hold its potency
yeah i cut my X's low and difficult

and all i've done is spilled more claret
the drifts are deepening
on the switchbacks
below the peaks

miles up H________
i walked on mirrors
a horse was drowning
the glass broke underneath me
a hail of arrows circled
waiting on my word

oh mercy
you lot left it up to me

i'll always come
to spill more than claret
for the route yous braved for me
where the cliffs repel the body of water

it'south going to accept more and more to stop
the infinite shell of insects
gaining on the moat
i autumn back unprotected
attached and disconnected
i let you lot through
so i lit the fuel

information technology's so much simpler than nosotros thought
hope waits
where we'd almost given up
every bit patient as the land

the inkwells
overflowing
the rivers never knowing
e'er writing
always erasing

tunnels to villages

bring my lost senses upward to speed
let the roar of the exits
launder over me
or i stop only to feel the weight
yeah i cease
merely to fill a space

and at that place's a ghost i keep passing by
he's like a long distance call
stalled in the heaven
i recognize his face
it was drawn
and then it was erased

oh, tunnels to villages
the wounded wend their style
home
nether the avalanches

oh landslide
block my fashion
pivot my shadows in
starless places

when i leaned towards the ocean
and the gale cradled me
the last ceiling pulled back and faded
(the name of the earth
became my ain)

oh, tunnels to villages
the guilty hiding their
gold
under the avalanches

oh, i'm ready for something
(footprints have formed again
between me and my
hit and run twin)

and on the outskirts i bladder
waiting for night to close in

depth charges

i wish i could accept it dorsum
the mode i left you then
i flooded the tanks and ran
phantasms at force ten

i dropped like a knife
for years i only scraped by
curled upwards
bow downward
half blind

don't know where you lot are
but sometimes a depth charge
stirs my
ancient sonar

as fast every bit i dared to drive
the icy roads
ghost white
rose up from the river bed
your long dead star
reeled me in

the glittering lights
and faces i crept past
eyes wide
skipped and stuttered

i'd surfaced behind a melting projection
banks where
flags one time fluttered

it's like the more dead reckonings i take
the more i neglect to come across
that in this life of mine
you're lost to me

except united states dreamers

dreamers
where do we end upward
staggering out into the sun after
some drastic final run
we'd never dreamed of

maybe i'd wake up
drag myself from the burning aeroplane
no log books
just a wall of flame
where my dream was

only the waking life has zippo over this
in the sweetest light
in that location would always be a dream i'd miss

heard your voice through a crack in the ice
a frozen ribbon in your hair
i knew i carried a corking weight
more than than you could bear

each night i found the waterfall
through the rows of newborn trees
no lightning strike
of brutal truth
could accept stopped the likes of me

though the rocks rumbled far below
i came every bit shut as i was dared
information technology took a while to realize
i'd already fallen there

up to the meadows by the ruins
the aurora held us tight
forget the curses we both hide
will you stay
volition you stay tonight

there is nowhere else but right here by your side
every bit your trunk melts
i freeze

but all dreams volition fall
they're running out of time
so but spend it all
with me

at that place is nowhere else
(diving down at present)
there is nowhere else
(there is nowhere i'd rather
brave the flames to save)
only all dreams will fall
(but all dreams will wake and fade)
so merely spend it all
(so simply spend it all before nosotros burn
this precious chance
away)

dreamers
where do nosotros cease up
staggering out into the sun after some
desperate concluding run
we'd never dreamed of

diving bird /portal

where low waters sing
is an animal rex
whose anxious heart quiets itself
abroad from the cruelty of love

tracing contour lines
tracking black into white
running silent and
on all fours
i climb to the side of your soft shores

and cache abroad a diving bird
in a shallow grave
a coin to close the chapeau
the toll you took
i hid
a heart that's spent can still be saved

i'grand on my knees
airships laissez passer over me
when did it become me against them
shovels scraping the roof of the den
i held your head
yeah i stayed with the expressionless
i imagined our last stand up
will it make me a better human

accept no fright
the portal's core is cold and articulate
and this end opens broad
amid the fireflies
where i showtime dried your frightened tears

information technology'due south okay
a unmarried pointer tin bend
and pause

simply a diving bird
is nix but a blur
wild music
in its wake

no ghostless place (album)
(released jan 2010; all lyrics © eric howden (raised by swans), 2010)

nosotros were never young, canvas music

we were never immature

from every room hearts spoke through walls too sparse to concur
the weight of what they heard
so fires crept through spaces long left soft and blurred

notes pushed under the doors
frozen to the floor we believed everything
leaves diddled beneath the eaves
whirring similar a nest of wound-upwards starlings

nosotros were immature
we didn't heed those things
if birds were singing we were loved

we were young
like the universe
like our mothers were
like these words

hail of arrows

sleep and forget until the names we knew are
bodies walled in a doorless room
and we won't turn back
clouds of sparrows are startled into flight
as a hail of arrows is unleashed at the heaven
and we won't plow back

so here nosotros go

this might curse our luck
these mirror-haunted hallways
we're repeat-testing for a hole nosotros'll never find
so permit'southward but close our eyes this time
i volition love you lot always
i wouldn't lie
i wouldn't lie

so cascade me out on the eastern coast where the water's cold equally a mermaid'due south ghost
and the long days hide
and one of these nights we will bloom in the copse
push button our old sick hearts from the roots to the leaves
and and then open broad

so here we become

this might curse our luck
these mirror-haunted hallways
we're echo-testing for a hole we'll never detect
and then permit's just close our eyes this fourth dimension
i volition dear y'all always
i wouldn't lie
i wouldn't prevarication

locked hearts keep lost fourth dimension

'cause it's hard to lay arms down
in the arms of the one who lays you bare
but if nosotros don't shield ourselves
then we won't accept to fright the arrows

cloak-and-dagger garden/ south.c.

my dearest buried its young with
just ane question
information technology bankrupt the spell
i've bitten my tongue but
information technology's fix in move

i pulled a rope and rang a bell
when you carved your neural runes into my spine
and so you lowered a light for me to decode them
i dug through miles of tangled earth to say i'd endeavor

in your artillery i'm argent air and sleeping pills
but yous draw your tripwires with poison quills
the garden awakes
you're drawing abroad
i'm drawing my beginning jiff
but roots hold tight similar traplines
they carry a lot of weight

don't save your force for the terminate of the dream
all you lot'll take left is please don't leave
please don't get out

easier

we were never meant to be apart
every step nosotros accept is getting harder
for all your promises pinned like ribbons to your bed
tell me
why's the water ice so thin around you lot
you say it gets easier to autumn correct through

suddenly nosotros felt the nighttime get numb
stalling equally the lightning cut the horizon
and all the miles went dark between the city and the stars
tell me would yous go out our dearest behind
yous say information technology gets easier to throw the fight

my heart is taking off

nighttime fighter

look downwards upon the coastline
the airstrip strange and blank
just allow the instruments slide
the radio dead air

dorsum when you were young you knew the words
at present they're just a distant hum
the sun was bright behind her
the memory'due south here somewhere

and you and i will autumn too
from the beauty of it all
you lot're coming in so depression now
shut your eyes
relinquish the controls

and you and i will fall likewise
from the beauty that nosotros one time knew
you're coming in solo now
shut your eyes
relinquish the control

loop and climb
lake of fire
dive deep
dive deep
trees and sky
her optics
sleep
sleep
sleep
sleep

past an ion

when you crawl to my side
you're like a wounded bird
with your wings weighed downwards
y'all're somehow smaller than you were
but all of it was real to me
'til you lot showed me
we were make-believe

why are nosotros non accelerating
pedals down
our pulses racing
particles kaleidoscopic
fireworks dreamed by an ion

now the charges are laid
the poles have swung away
and right at the separate
you lot might just experience some pain
or maybe yous will realize that
i'm pocket-sized enough to slip your mind

how do these hearts unfold

when strangers meet
they seem more existent to me
broad open spaces and consciences make clean
and to what terminate must i protect
the boy i used to be
who thought a home where merely silence falls
no clock within its walls
could dodge a wrecking ball

locks blocking strangers both ways
what kind of safety'southward that anyway

i could have risked you love

how practice we stand up our ground
how practise we say we're brave at present
i am waiting on your control
a blindfold between my sight and your sleight of paw
how do these hands hold
how do these hearts unfold at present
never knowing the ways they tin can
a blindfold between the night and Neverland

you will come back to me

the waiting's over

no more oceans left
reserves take all been tapped and spent
so raise the floodlights

shipwrecks on the snow
they seem so small-scale against the glow
we struck the nighttime bullheaded

now opened broad and robbed for pearls
there were signs
but we stormed the doors
where once slept a sinking continent at present
there is goose egg more

i would wait for you
but something tells me that won't do
the waiting'south over

start information technology once again
start it again
drown out all light
the love this day
would desecrate
lost in time

old fires

no shadow beneath my feet
no trace left on the ground
i used to think that our hearts could beat
the speed of sound

nosotros'd soar by the crowd similar angels
inappreciably visible
and back to the times we'd time to kill
darling
it's criminal

only if i'd merely kept if only to myself

starlight hibernate your warmth
although the wolves cry at our door
and days get older
the dark is young
vanish similar the moon without the lord's day

nosotros stretched similar a sunbeam across the sky
no end in sight
who would have thought a heart could break
the speed of calorie-free

entwined in the dark like animals
hardly divisible
my shadow has not rejoined me still
darling
information technology's criminal

morning without warning
cut the moorings
push me out

starlight hide your warmth
although the wolves cry at our door
and days gets older
the night is young
vanish like the moon without the dominicus

sometime fires fire young again this evening

the past is the casualty

love
you promised me
and so y'all led usa deeper into the copse
and looped the trail where information technology traced the sparse air
when you track the old days
call back the game

the past's not e'er the prey

and we numbed the earth'due south skin
when we tried to strike a spark
never known where to begin
staring backwards from the starting time
and the needle skips and spins
stumbling from blind to blind
allow them hunt us downward again
i volition keep us safe this evening

on and on
yous told me i was wrong then
delight tell me i'll exist incorrect once again
a heart backside drinking glass
in a tower of stone
i smuggled the spark
that led the wood burn down home

and we numbed the world'south skin
when we tried to strike a spark
never known where to begin
in the landscape of a heart
and the needle skips and spins
stumbling from blind to bullheaded
let the tables plough once more
i will keep the states safe tonight

safe
we're safe this evening
above the earth
an arc of escaped lite
the first time we've been lost
to second sight
the heaven's the bullheaded
for a pair of newborn kites
you told me i was wrong
please tell me i'll be incorrect once again

longer shadows, shorter days

left behind when summer'south over
in quiet lineups by the lake
cheating hearts descend like clouds of falling leaves
to prevarication and rot and wait for pelting

summer heat will you bleed your blood from me
into lawns and limpid pools where your osculation was immature and fell
cutting by cut and play past play it will always be this way
summertime love

if i could merely hold your center
and never vanquish again

someone's breath against your shoulder
someone's vocalism to say your proper noun
just every bit long equally someone's at that place to interruption your fall
longer shadows shorter days

if i could only hold your heart
i'd never vanquish again

there's hope yet

the mornings you stole away
i kept my eyes depression
let y'all pause my eye
you break my center

her ceilings and sandbars
locations unknown
nosotros've gone manner too far

tiny creature
brave the vents below

hey
in that location's hope notwithstanding
at that place is promise again
information technology sails through brutal storms my love
hey in that location's hope withal
and if yous believe that
then canvass those wrecks to shore my love
hey

i'd almost forgotten this
we're anchored alone
in a lake of stars
a lake of stars

north of lite'south end

from this moment
there is naught left of usa
maybe there never was
much point in hanging our hopes
loftier like daggers
aimed to pierce the earth's cadre
who were we falling for
before we broke nosotros glittered in the sun

one twenty-four hour period
y'all'll slip past the sleeping guards
through the gardens of drowned alarms
swallow me in your swan dive
fly from this house of cards

north of light's end
where the drapery falls
we're nowhere at all

ane 24-hour interval
you'll sideslip past the sleeping guards
through the gardens of drowned alarms
signal me through the cell walls
sing to me from distant
a siren in an water ice tempest
at the end of the world

all lyrics © eric howden (SOCAN)

home